Saturday, June 18, 2011

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

i usually don't bring too much of my work onto the blog but i am so proud of the father's day project i created for my little ones. i find that father's day crafts are usually lame and cheesy and turn out to be some sort of tie project. but let's face the facts how many dads out there wear a tie anymore? this project did take a few days but i love how it turned out and I feel like bragging a bit so enjoy :)

step 1 paint one of the little ones hand and use as a stamp
the writing on the poster says:
this is the hand you used to hold when i was only 5 years old

step 2 have the students paint the picture frames
(helpful hint get kids to do this one at a time
saves the paint and your sanity)

step 3 assemble the pictures and admire the cuteness

step 4 decorate with foam stickers that are dad like
(take note no tie paraphernalia here)

step 5 wrap with awesome wrapping paper and cards


and there is my awesome father's day gift (i even had a student ask me if i was making one for my dad - seriously how cute ... love love love my job)

cheers ~n

No comments:

Post a Comment