Monday, February 15, 2010

FEBRUARY ... HOW I LOVE THEE ... LET ME COUNT THE WAYS

february you are one of my favorite winter months ... let me tell you why:

1. your days are numbered ... i know that you are only shorter by 2 or 3 days but there is something optimistic about having a month that is exactly 4 weeks long

2. you bring a change in the weather ... whether the groundhog is right or not about an early spring or extra winter ... living in canada the winter season drags out for 6-7 months and usually by the end there is a hope of warmer spring days to come

3. you brighten my day ... nothing makes my day better than going to work and the sun is coming up and leaving work at 4:30 and the sun is still shining

4. 100 days of fun ... as a teacher of the littlest ones i get to acknowledge all our hard work and celebrate the 100th day of school and spend the entire day having fun doing things the hundred way

5. family comes first ... you break up this month by providing us with a day off to spend with our families

6. you are all about the love ... kisses, hugs, flowers, chocolate, cards ... a day to tell someone you care is pretty sweet

7. you let me learn some more ... teacher's convention ... 2 days for myself to be a student again and take in a whole bunch of learning and professional development is priceless

8. you lighten the load ... because of all these wonderful things, you allow me to work a shortened work week of 3 and 4 days which is rejuvenating

cheers ~n

No comments:

Post a Comment